Monday, April 21, 2008

Thanks dear, for dinner

It was my birthday morning and hubby announced that he would be taking the crv. So, that left me with the bloody merc to drive to work. On Monday no less. Grrrrrr.....

My day hadn't even started yet and it was already ruined. Seriously, the merc and I had never get along and I suspected, never will. Some parts of the merc simply refused to work the moment I get into the car, usually at the most unfortunate time. Its only redeeming point was that it had extremely superb sound system. One of these days, I am going to check in both cars into any workshop and had the mechanics dig out the merc sound system and transplant it into crv. Can? Those kind of stuff is simply wasted on hubby....no corporate hotshot blasted their audio system on the road, ok. Jeans clad FC can do that, no problem.

Back to my day. Sent Adam to kindy. Zig zagged the narrow street and nearly crashed into a Jazz, whom I belatedly realised was driven by a Seribadan client. Sheesh. Made it into nkve. And noticed that the sound from outside was getting louder and louder. Checked all windows, just in case Adam opened one and forget to close. Windows okay. Started thinking about tyres. But I knew hubby just replaced a new set yesterday. I was getting even more worried when I could not hear the radio properly. I considered pulling over by the emergency lane but the traffic was heavy and it was not like the car was on fire or in immediate danger of exploding. So I kept on driving all the way to Kota Damansara. Then I was stuck in a bad traffic jam. *sigh*. But then a kindly man in a motorbike honked and knocked my window. And said my door was not closed properly. And I could hear him loud and clear, not the usual muffled sound when you were inside a car. No wonder the highway sound so loud. Hmmmph!!!! For all its automative technology, the merc did not show any indicator on the dashboard when the door was not tightly shut. And, the light was off. When usually in this kind of case, it will stay on thus alerting the driver.

*sigh*

I'm not joking when I said the merc and I did not hit it off. In fact, I nearly had a panic attack when two days ago hubby asked whether I wanted to drive C class. Are you joking???? No way!

Albeit one hour late and nearly having a nervous breakdown, I safely arrived at office in one piece. Had a birthday party later at one-u where i declined to drive, thank you very much.

Spent the rest of the day slamming the merc door as hard as I dared to. One week of this, I might ended up with a toned arm. Heh!
Old photo - one of my misadventure with the merc, at LPT no less.


Hubby took us all to a buffet dinner at Concorde Shah Alam as a birthday treat. The boys made a beeline to the icecream counter as soon as we entered the dining room. On good thing about buffet meal is that, I hardly get a chance to sit down. Just as I was about to put my soup on the table, Amri announced that he needed to go to toilet. Came back from toilet, he wanted ice cream again. By the time I came back with my own food and tried to sit down, he finished ice cream and wanted some other food. Repeat every step with Adam, who by that time, just came back from his own toilet break with hubby. A few times in between that, my untouched plates were cleared off by the waiters.

Maybe if i were to have two more boys, I'd be very slim and fit from all those running around and missing plates.

Thanks hubby, for the lovely dinner. Could we chuck the boys somewhere and go eat dinner with just the two of us please, before I'd forget the civilised way of dining.

p/s: Happy birthday to my cousins, Kak Dewi (20/4) & Abg Caq (22/4) too. Kak Dewi, though just one day older, become kakak due to strict family hiearchy in my clan.

4 comments:

Liza said...

hi nae, happy birthday...

i hate buffet too, and my better half agrees that bringing me to for buffet is such a waste of money..

nae said...

Bnormal: Thanks! I actually love buffet. I think I should train the boys to help themselves at buffet table so that I could sit back and stuff my face

MN said...

hi nae,
thanx for dropping by @ my bloggie...
anyway, i enjoy reading ur blog!
like the way u express it.
and this particular entry makes me smile (or is it sengeh??!)

nae said...

mrs noba: thanks! love your blog too but since you are so slim melim, i think i'm going to hate you :)

just kidding!