Friday, April 04, 2008

Mok cik tengah panic

*sigh*

I could no longer entertained your highness requests for cambodian maid. My globe trotting (duh!) schedule has been brought forward to mid July, instead of October, with Singapore as my first stop (thank God for that). Which meant, I needed to book the maid like, last week, in order for her to arrive at my doorstep in May at the latest. I'll need about two weeks to decide whether she is whom and where she is supposed to be. Then the rest of May and June to train her doing household chores, cooks and most importantly, the two boys schedule. And everything else that have everything to do with them. Like, who wears what on which day. Who eat what for lunch. Who is allergic to what food. Who takes which bus/van.

Thank God there are only two of them. And thankfully, one at kindy and one at school so that will make it easier to identify the uniforms. Lucky too, one goes to kindy in the morning and another goes to school in the afternoon so not that hard to monitor school vans.

Mind you, Amri does not attend religious school (my decision, so shoot me!) so should be lesser logistics to deal with. Dyslexia centre and swimming lesson? Surely hubby can handle that.

It is going to be a busy year. But I like busy. I just dont like to be away from home. What if hubby makes his own decision on the new house renovation while I was away? What if I come back only to find my head is higher than the cooker hood again?
*sob*

Singapore is okay. Melbourne is...err...not too bad, if I do not have to stay more than a week at a stretch. But US/UK feels like a universe away. Well...thank God I do not have to go to China (not yet anyway).

What I really need is not just a maid but a nanny and driver. And a clone of my important self.

Anyway, surely I can count on my parents. And parents in law, right? And Auntie Chik? Cu Nan? That's what family are for. (someone yelled 'cheap labour' at my YM...tak patut betul)

Hmm...actually, none of the candidate biodatas emailed to me meet my requirement and I am not even choosy to begin with. Except one from an independant provider. But then, I would have to deal with the paperworks myself. Paperworks is the ultimate downfall of me. Oh dear....

I'm having a splitting headache from morning. And wishing I am back at Langkawi with the rest of the family for the wedding. *sigh* I badly want to be there. Why on earth can't Pak Lang wait until the school holiday next month. Isk.

2 comments:

Liza said...

nae, from what i hear from my frens, choosing a maid is so critical, however, my personal opinion, this is still based on luck...if you are lucky, you'll get a good one, otherwise, pilih ler cam mane pun, kalau nak kena, will still kena one....

nae said...

normal : It is a combination of both and I had my fair share of good and bad. But still not any wiser :)