Thursday, January 17, 2008

Back to kitchen tales

I have three cakes suppliers. People I regularly ordered cakes from, be it for own consumption or as a gift. One is a neighbour but she has moved to trendy upmarket BJ and has yet to finish redecorating her kitchen and made final decision as to where to place her oven and stuffs. So until her grand tropika 2 kitchen is up and running again, I have to look for other alternative

The second one made heavenly cakes but has serious time management issue. If I do not die from overdose of her marvelous cakes than I'd surely die of panic attack when she still does not turn up with my orders a couple of hours after the agreed time. Or murdered by my hungry guests. But her cakes is something to die for....

So come the third one. She makes pretty cakes but the taste is so so. But my boys love them to bits. So if it made the boys happy, I'd order them by the dozens, never mind if I had to drive quite a distance to collect them. But then, the lady rang me up saying that she had to attend this meeting or the other and the cakes would be a few hours late. The she called again and said the cakes would be ready on time because she will rush home and let go her lunch/tea break so that she could bake the cake. And she'd go on and on until it made me feel very guilty for ruining her day just for the cakes. So I cancelled the order. Immediately she changed the tune, everything was running well now. Hmmph!
By the time I reached her house to collect the cakes, her kids were lining up by her car to go out for dinner. And she started again on how she did not have time to cook dinner because she was busy baking cakes. Duh! I'd never ever order from her again. She probably did not bake cakes as a source of income but rather as an annoying hobby.

Probably I should start baking my own pretty cupcake. If mdm gartblue could do it, surely I could too. It can't be that difficult. Sigh!

So if you people still want the contact numbers, sms me. Maybe you'll have better luck.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooo thought I am trying one of the homemade cake this year. Ehem...ada yg duduk area U5 ke? If yes kenalah cancel the plan. Buy from Secret recipe and decorate sendirilahhh mcm ni.

nae said...

butterflutter: nope, none from U5 so go ahead and order :)